Whether you are a blogger, vlogger, social media influencer, or simply a business looking to engage their target audience through content marketing, then you must create a “Customer Persona”.
3 Reasons Content Creators Should Create Customer Personas
- It helps you understand your audience.
- It ensures you create content that resonates with your audience.
- It assists you to develop a strategic content plan and allocate resources efficiently.
How to Create a Customer Persona
Remember, we are trying to create a semi-fictional character that is your ideal content consumer.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What is their name?
- How old are they?
- Where do they live?
- How much do they earn?
- Are they educated?
- What did they study?
- Do they work?
- What do they do?
- Are they married, single, searching, or not interested in marriage?
- Do they have children?
- Do they care about their children?
- How old are their children?
- Do their children go to school?
- What class are they?
- Are they extroverted or introverted? Optimistic or cautious? Detail-oriented or creative?
- What are their life goals?
- What have they already achieved?
- What would they like to achieve?
- What are their life challenges?
- What obstacles are they trying to overcome?
- What frustrations do they encounter?
- What are their hobbies and interests?
- What would they like to do outside work?
- Are they Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Agnostic, or do they have some other religious/irreligious beliefs?
- What is really important to them?
- How do they communicate?
- Where would you most likely find them on social media?
- What would they be doing on social media?
- Do they use email?
- What are their other digital habits?
- Describe their typical day.
Conclude by creating a brief scenario that illustrates a situation or problem the persona might encounter related to your product or content. Remember, all these questions may not apply to your specific content, so choose the questions that apply, and you will be able to create your target content consumers.
If you need help creating a customer persona for your content marketing efforts, contact Slvr Wlf.