Entrepreneurs always think of ways to reach out to new/potential clients to grow their business. Traditional marketing can be effective, but it has limitations. For example, traditional marketing constrains your reach. This limitation can be overcome through digital marketing.
However, transitioning from traditional to digital marketing, although desirable, may not be that easy. So, in this post, we will answer eight commonly asked questions about digital marketing in Nigeria and provide you with answers to these questions.
Digital Marketing Questions
How will my business benefit from digital marketing?
Businesses can benefit from digital marketing in different ways. Here are three important benefits of online marketing:
- Increases your brand awareness as more people can identify your brand especially if you are always sharing posts that are on-brand.
- Enables you to build a loyal customer base through authentic content marketing and guarantees instant sales as you engage directly with potential customers and clients.
- It reduces or eliminates the high cost you would otherwise incur on traditional advertising on radio and television, billboards and signposts.
What is a digital marketing strategy?
Before you go shopping, you probably start by making a list of what you want to buy so that you remain within budget. The same is true for online marketing. A digital marketing strategy is a plan of action obtained after an assessment of business goals that can be achieved through online channels. Consistent and timely application of this plan will boost revenue and enhance relationships with your target audience.
What is SEO?
The term “SEO” stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is the process of enhancing your website to boost its visibility so that when potential customers use search engines such as Google to look for products or services related to your business, they will find you. The higher your pages rank in search results, the more likely you are to get new customers.
Because 91.4 per cent of internet users conduct searches each year, SEO is a crucial component of digital marketing.
What do I need to do when transitioning from traditional to digital marketing in Nigeria?
Just like any new endeavour, transitioning to digital marketing techniques and methods can be tricky even for a seasoned traditional marketer. But not to worry, here at Slvr Wlf, we’ve narrowed it down to three simple steps you can adopt for a seamless transition.
- Write down your online marketing goal. What do you want to achieve? Do you want to sell more products? Do you want more people to know about your business? Is there a segment of the population you are trying to reach with product information? The more specific your online goals, the better.
- Set up a user-friendly website. This is part of the implementation process which should be at the top of your list if you want to join the digital world. With a user-friendly website, your visitors get every information they need quickly using any device.
- Set up social media accounts for your business. With the creation of social media accounts for your business, you are able to contact, nurture, and interact with your target audience — no matter their location. Additionally, every business requires feedback and social media helps you find out what your customers have to say about your business and how you can improve your services..
What are the best social media platforms for my business?
With several social media platforms out there, it can sometimes be difficult to figure out which platform is best suited for your business. Business owners are tempted to dabble into all of them in order to reach the maximum potential for their business. However, some platforms are not necessarily suitable for your brand.
So, to choose the best social media platform for your business, consider the following factors:
- What type of products or services do you offer?
- Who is your target audience?
- How can you adapt this platform to meet your online goals?
Each social media platform, like each business, is tailored to specific functions, content, and target audience. We have a detailed post on The Best Social Media Platforms for Startups.
Does my company need to have a blog for digital marketing?
The most popular platform for sharing marketing content is a blog, as 56% of marketers who leverage blogging say it’s effective. Customers are drawn to blogs because they provide fun and helpful information. Blogging can be used for almost any type of business; a fashion boutique, a law firm, a construction firm, and even a restaurant. We strongly advise you to start a blog. Read our blog on “5 Reasons to Start a Blog for your Business in Nigeria now” to learn more.
How long do I have to wait before I start seeing results from my digital marketing?
It is natural to want to see instant results from your digital marketing strategy, particularly if you have already invested a significant sum of money. Although digital marketing results can be immediately visible, others require patience. It might take time for good digital marketing strategies to gain ground and engagement.
While it can be very tempting to adjust and tweak your strategies if you do not see results, please, know that a lack of immediate interaction is not always a sign that something is wrong with your marketing strategies. In general, give each strategy 3-6 months to see results.
How do I find customers/clients online?
Finding customers online begins with knowing where your customers are. You can go the easy way, letting social media platforms do the work for you by running targeted adverts or you can choose the organic route.
Here are some tips you can use to get clients/customers online for your business.
- Leverage your current contacts: Most social media platforms will automatically suggest ‘friends’ for you based on the type of business you run and the type of content you interact with.
- Join social media groups: This ensures you meet and interact with people with similar interests.
- Create/share and engage regularly with content connected with your business or service
- Post reviews from existing customers: Show that you are good at what you do. You can read about how to brag like a pro in this article.
So there you have it! 8 digital marketing questions and answers that can work for you. Do you have any other questions regarding transitioning from traditional to digital marketing? Why not ask in our comments section. Better still, book a free consultation with us.